Monday, February 09, 2009

Ugh - the crud is here.

Yeah, so my grandiose plans to get lots done and maybe some fun stuff too - were foiled.

We all got sick on Friday.

Kaylee was a little feverish and sneezy on Friday and by Friday night she was full blown sick.

Ian was full blown sick.

Mucinex Mucus Couple

I was only a little sick. Then.

But now, Monday night, I'm feeling worse and worse. I've been the one that survived the weekend taking care of everyone else and trying to keep the house from exploding. I even did 5 loads of laundry (well, "did" is relative - they're washed and dried and sitting here in baskets waiting to be folded and put away) and cooked TWO pots of soup.

Of course, I was delirious and in need of a nap both yesterday morning and this morning.

Anyhow, Ian is almost back to normal now, and Kaylee appears to be mostly better as well.

Poor little thing - it's so hard for babies. She was stuffed up, coughing, sneezing, and feverish for two whole days. All I could do was give her lots of snuggles, some Tylenol to keep the fever down, and put a vaporizer in her room.

Tonight I soaked all her plastic toys in bleach water and ran all her pacifiers through the dishwasher. Then I took bleachwater on a rag and wiped down the door handles and kitchen surfaces to try and get the germs dealt with.

And now I'm starting to get sick. Dangit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I moderate comments for privacy and spam purposes, but try to publish comments within a few days. - GVJ