Monday, January 19, 2009

Snowing....

Wow. It's been a long time since I've updated this blog. I think in my mind I had this sweet idea of what my blog SHOULD be - a place to write clever commentary, wry rants, and sarcastic synopses. What it's ending up being so far is a lame assortment of simplistic observations and an occasional point. So much for the witty cynicism...

Anyhow, for any of you who check my other blog about my daughter Kaylee, you know what's been keeping me busy and occupied. Although I don't think that your child should necessarily completely consume you, Kaylee has at least 90% consumed me and I am totally OK with that. I think the reason I am OK with it is that I know it's temporary as far as time consumption goes - her needs and my time commitment to them will change as she grows... also, I have waited so long to have her in my life that I am really enjoying being totally committed to her right now. There's almost nothing in my life that one of her smiles or kisses can't fix.

Today it's snowing. We were supposed to get um, maybe 4 inches of the stuff. So far, I've seen about 6 inches and it's still coming down pretty good. The weather website has updated their forecast to say 4-10 inches... so I guess we're going to have the full Monty. It's pretty, and I'm thrilled that it finally warmed up to freezing (since when does freezing feel warm?) as the cold was pretty intense here for the last week or two... but I am DONE with winter. It might be one thing if we were into winter outdoor activities, but I think that living in Florida has changed that for me, forever. Of course I still have it in the back of my mind that we should run down to Mars Hill and go downhill skiing at least once before we move, but I don't know if that's gonna happen or not. Regardless, we are looking forward to getting the heck out of here in the winter.

I still feel a bit like my previous post - like I get frustrated at my productivity level, or lack thereof; but in reality, most days I am getting basic household chores done and tackling a little project or two. I am just entering tax season for now, which involves lots of sorting and filing, cursing about my lack of filing discipline in the previous year, resolving to file regularly in the current year, failing to file at all, and just generally hating filing in general. In reality, a whole year's worth of filing takes less than a few hours and I shouldn't fuss about it one way or another. I have always hated it at my jobs as well, so I shouldn't worry too much about it. I just feel momentarily overwhelmed when I have this mountain of tasks in front of me, and then I dig down into my firm resolve and start plowing through the mountain and before you know it, I'm on the other side! Yay! I can't wait to be on the other side!

Anyhow, I'm still here. I've been enjoying being Susie Homemaker and cooking lots of delicious things over the last couple months, and I'm really enjoying laundry, ironically. I think I'll get going for now, as I can hear Kaylee stirring in the other room and it's snuggle time, I think. :)

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I moderate comments for privacy and spam purposes, but try to publish comments within a few days. - GVJ